Thursday, October 9, 2014

I am 13!!!!!!

I turned thirteen! I am officially a teenager! (woot woot!)  So I had an awesome birthday complete with awesome food. I didn't think so that night. We all caught a violent stomach bug that decided to reak havoc on my teenager body.
This picture symbolizes the storm that rolled in in the form of a stomach flu. The day before my birthday, Cocoa was throwing up. She felt fine after 12 hours so we thought "Great!" The next morning I opened a few presents and then we left and got Krispy Kreme (my personal favorite breakfast)
All was well. Came home, opened another present (a Cadbury chocolate bar eek!), put littles to bed for a nap, and watched the Hunger Games with mom and dad. (My new favorite movie!) All was still well. Got pizza, ate it, mom left the room because her stomach was sick, and thus, the beginning of the end.
Meanwhile, my stomach started feeling queasy but I had prayed without ceasing that I wouldn't be sick on my birthday. We ate my homemade cookie cake. (The cake itself was good but I had to put on plops of icing and I didn't like it.) I talked to my Grandma Debbie and went to bed still feeling queasy.
(A symbol of the flu attacking my stomach) I woke up at 1:15 a.m. the next day sweating and burping. I got up and went to the bathroom and sat by the toilet, fearing I would throw up. I called my dad and he felt my head, declaring no fever. I went to the couch and dad asked me to get my sister a drink. I had to interrupt him for an emergency trip to the bathroom. This time, at 1:28 a.m. I threw up.
(Still a symbol of the awful, awful, nasty flu) I threw up ten more times that day and had some lower tummy problems I will not disclose. The last time I threw up was 7:04 p.m. that night. I was home free! Or was I? Nope. The sickness, though I wasn't throwing up, stayed around a while longer, making my body so weak I couldn't stand for more than a few seconds at a time. Every member of our family got it and everyone threw up at least once. It was awful.
(A symbol of the happiness I felt when the nausea went away and I could do dishes) My father was the last to get it and is still recovering. He was our caretaker during it since both mom and I were out of commission. She and I got it the worst. I couldn't even keep a little bit of water down at first. We were finally feeling a bit better when dad started the sickness and now we are a lot better and cleaning and taking care of everybody.
And I have never been more thankful for my health. Ever.


~Sunshine~








No comments:

Post a Comment